Where have you been?
Sorry, it’s not you, it’s me. I’ve been AWOL for a minute. I usually try to put out a post each week, but I’m also super-serious about making sure the stuff published on TechYourBlog is exceptionally useful for bloggers, so I won’t publish stuff if I don’t have the time to make it worth-while.
And the last couple weeks have be hella busy. I hope I haven’t left you hangin’.
This week’s post is about Sponsored blog posts. I’ve been looking into starting to accept sponsored posts here, but wanted to research more about it first.
I thought you might like to see what I found, so you can see what goes into finding, accepting, and handling sponsored posts on your blog.
What are sponsored posts?
A company can pay you to write a post that includes them or their product, or they can ask you to publish something prewritten on your blog. This is called a sponsored post.
As with any type of advertisement, you should be sure not to overdo it. It should be valuable to your readers – if you run a food blog, you probably don’t want to accept sponsored opportunities from a shoe company. And you need to disclose the sponsored relationship to your readers.
- Are you being conned? Fair sponsored blog post rates and best practice guidelines – SuccessfulBlogging.com
- Sponsored Posts: 8 Reasons Why You’re NOT Getting Paid Opportunities – TheSitsGirls.com
- Sponsored Blog Post Rates: A Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Your Prices – AllisonBoyer.com
- Ads, Sponsored Posts, & Other Ways I Make Money on My Food Blog – KitchenTreaty.com
- Should Bloggers Accept Sponsored Posts? – SideHustle.com
- How to Become a Product Review/Sponsored Post Blogger – ProductReviewMom.com
- What is a Sponsored Review and How to Get Started – ShoutMeLoud.com
- How Writing Sponsored Posts Changed the Way I Blog (and Why it Might Change You Too) – ProBlogger.com
- How Sponsored Posts Can Ruin Your Blog – ProBlogger.com
- Everything You Need to Know About Sponsored Content – Moz.com
- Blogging Tips: My Experience with Sponsored Posts and Ads – SimplyOrganized.com
- The “Going Rate” for Sponsored Posts on Blogs – FreshPress.media
- FTC Guidelines for Bloggers Regarding Sponsored Posts – Bixamedia.com
- How to Earn $2,00 for a Sponsored Post with 100,00 Monthly Views – FoodBloggersCentral.com
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Landing Your First Sponsored Post – WebHostingSecretRevealed.com
- Why Bloggers Write Sponsored Content – TheHumbledHomemaker.com
- Sponsored Post Opportunities: 10 Best Places for Bloggers to Join – MySnippetofInspiration.com
- How to Secure Sponsored Blog Posts (A Newbie’s Guide) – MotherhoodTheRealDeal.com
- 5 Ways to Make a Sponsored Post Sound More Organic – Bloguettes.com
- 7 Tips for Pitching Sponsored Travel – TravelBlogSuccess.com
There is a wealth of info on how bloggers can use sponsored posts in these links so make sure to go through them!
I haven’t published any sponsored posts on TechYourBlog yet but I have on other sites, and there’s definitely a right way and a wrong way to do it. Making sure the sponsored content is valuable to your readers is key.